Desktop PC - Rest in PEACE

This is my lovely graphic card - ATI Radeon X600

The fan is unscrewed. See the partially melted part.


Could you figure out what was happening to my PC by looking at the two pictures as shown above?

Right, the hardware in the first picture is the graphic card. And the zoomed picture which is the second picture, that one is fan.

(sigh) As you can see, the shape is changed. So, the bottom part of the fan is no longer attached to the heat sink. WTF! Why is it made of plastic?! I couldn't imagine that overheating of graphic card melts the fan. (Suppose is the thing below the fan).

According to chemistry, the melting point of plastic is X°C. Oh my god, can't believe that the graphic card can reach to that temperature. (Talking crap...). Sad case... graphic card fan is not working, making no video input on my monitor...

And currently using my dad's laptop...

Nevermind, my desktop PC will be back by this Saturday! After buy a new graphic card. (Today went to Digital Mall, checked the price of graphic card's fan. Mm-hmm, it costs RM39. It would be worth by buying a new and better graphic card rather than just replacing the fan only.)

Yet, I can't download any thing until I get the new graphic card!!! Sad...

--- Download is my life. No downloading I will die ---


*updated on 25.6.2008, 6:50pm

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?



Related Posts with Thumbnails